11.10.14

4 Things He Is...



Lord, you alone are my portion and my cup; 
you make my lot secure. The boundary lines have fallen 
for me in pleasant places; surely I have a delightful inheritance. 
I will praise the Lord, who counsels me; even at night 
my heart instructs me. I keep my eyes always on the Lord. 
With him at my right hand, I will not be shaken. 

Psalm‬ ‭16‬:‭5-8‬

Sometimes I need a reminder of who the Lord is. When my life seems amazing that is when I tend to stop focusing on the Lord. Right now, my life is amazing, and I have found myself trying to lean on my own understanding. While reading Psalm 16:5-8 four things stood out to me. These four things are who Christ is to me, and four things I can trust no matter my situation--good or bad.

1. He is my Portion. 

The Lord is enough. God has given me everything I need. Christ has saved me and blessed me. There is nothing on this earth that could ever be enough, but Christ is. There are times in my life where I feel void or as if I am empty. The only thing that could ever fill me is Christ--His love, His compassion, His mercy. Only the Lord is enough. 

Where do you need the Lord to show you He is enough? In what area of your life do you need to be filled?

2. He is my Keeper.
God has blessed me so much, and even though I hate it sometimes, He has set boundaries for me that keep me safe and out of harms way.  I am so grateful to be following a God that knows what boundaries I need to keep me safe.  Sometimes I am hard-headed and struggle keeping the boundaries, but God always seems to remind me why he has placed them for me.  I love having a God who keeps me safe.
Are you paying attention to God's boundaries in your life? Are you letting the Lord be your keeper?

3. He is my Counselor.  
He can calm my mind.  He can heal my heart.  He knows what words to speak in order to give me peace.  He can guide me in whatever situation I find myself in. He can give advice and love better than any human.  And he is available 24/7.  I don't need to wait on him to get into his office or to answer an email--all I have to do is pray.
Do you need to have a therapy session with God? Is there something God is trying to counsel you in and you are not listening?

4. He is my Target.
My goal in life is to be like Jesus.  Being Christ-like is like hitting the bullseye.  The more fixed my gaze is on Jesus the more steady I become in him.  Even if I don't hit dead center, there is always a second chance.  God is so forgiving and he wants us to hit our mark.  Sometimes I stray and try to hit targets that are impossible to hit.  It is great to know that God is on our side, He wants us to hit the target, and our target is completely achievable with His help.
Do you need to refocus your eyes? Is Christ your target right now, or is it success, wealth, happiness, love, or something else?

God is obviously much more than these four things stood out to me today.  It is a great reminder that God has our lives in His hand, and that He is in control.

Carpe Diem, Dears.




It's Not too late to: 
Follow me on Twitter: @ReadingandRouge 
Follow me on Pinterest 
Follow me on Instagram: @LivDamaris

2 comments: