6.10.14

A Tour Though Blogland


1. What are you working on?
Currently I am trying to survive.  Posts are coming few and far between these days, but I am desperately trying to figure out a schedule that will keep me blogging because I love it! My first goal is to figure out what I should write about and pre-writing some blog posts. Maybe over fall break.
I am also currently working on a Dress For Success project for school.  I cannot wait to have this even and post about it!

2. How does your work differ from others in your genre?
I am not sure.  I don't read many other fashion blogs simply because I don't have time.  I read my friends' blogs, and blogs that are a part of the various groups I am a member of, but I don't read many outsiders' blogs.  I do think mine differs because it is a smorgasbord of stuff.  It is fun to write when you aren't constricted in a teeny tiny box. Then again, your box gets you readers.  Maybe I should find a cool looking box to jump into, then again, maybe not.

3. Why do you write?
I write because it is a passion of mine.  I also write because another passion of mine is to show people that being smart is something to strive for, and I also think being beautiful is something to strive for.  I feel the best way to approach both of those topics is though words.  So I write. I write because I want to have a voice in this world no matter how small it may be.  I write because words are the life blood of our minds and to keep our thoughts flowing we must use our words and our thoughts.  So I write.  To really answer the question I write because I like to.
4.How does your writing process work?
What is a writing process? Just kidding.  I think a lot before I write, unless it is one of my photo shoot posts.  Most of my other posts lately have been Jesus/ Devotional posts.  I don't know why, but I have really needed to hear that people are in the same situation as I am.  So I guess that is where most of those posts came from.  There honestly wasn't much writing process behind them, just Jesus speaking in and through me.  If I am writing a longer or different piece I will usually do a rough outline and then type away.  I have to plan too much for papers at school; to me blogging should be fun.  Creative nonfiction.  Ya know? :)

Here are some of the pictures of me and where I write. I write any and everywhere I don't have one place where I write my best and I don't intend on ever having that place.  I like to be free to write whenever and wherever I am.

Yes, I often write in footie pajamas.  I also have rocket ship ones.  Be Jealous. :)

I also often write in my bed.  So If you see sleepy sentences that could very possibly be why.


And for fun, this is where I do all of my make up for my tutorials.  I leave it a mess because that is how I think.  

Here are my two nominees!
I can't wait to see your ladies tour through blogland!

Shelby // ShelbyClarkBlog

Go find your happy place and write, write, write! and Carpe Diem, Dears!

9 comments:

  1. "I write because I want to have a voice in this world no matter how small it may be." -- Amen, sister friend! Also, those footie pajamas are ah-may-zing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Yay! I liked that line myself. haha And thank you much! Target Kids!!

      Delete
    2. Hey Sarah! Is "Amen, sister friend" a Gilmore Girls reference? I love that line! :)

      Delete
  2. "Creative nonfiction" is a great way to describe blogging! And I'm definitely looking forward to fall break, too! It will be so nice to use the time to catch up on blogging!

    Olivia (www.vickiandlivi.com)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My intention has been to catch up on blogging too! My intentions have fallen short due to sleepiness. I hope your blog posts have been coming along!

      Delete
  3. I agree with Sarah about your line "I write because I want to have a voice in this world no matter how small it may be". It is so important, we all have things to say and contribute so why not blog about it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you agree! :) It is so true. I am so happy women are seeking to use their voices.

      Delete
  4. Love this! And I also agree on the "I write because I want to have a voice in this world no matter how small it may be" line :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I honestly didn't think that line would be such a hit, but I guess it has been. It makes me kind of happy on the inside! :)

      Delete