14.7.14

Mask Monday: Mask of Rouge

I am going to try to start something to keep consistency and interest up in my blog--Mask Monday. Kristen, of A Classy Fashionista, and I have been talking recently about face masks and how beneficial they can be.   Having a long distance BFF makes it difficult to do the same mask at the same time.  In August we will be having a Back to School Mask Bash! We can't wait. We will be teaming up some Mondays to bring you awesome masks and silly faces!  This week I am by myself, but she's posting a mask page today too. Check it out here!

I was on Pinterest the other day and found what someone had called "Big Red Mask" so I decided to give it a try because Red and Rouge are practically the same thing! So I took the liberty and renamed this mask to the Mask of Rouge.  It is super simple and oh so fun! The best part of this is it is quick and easily made with products that you have in your home! Here is the recipe and instructions:

2 Tablespoons of Honey
2 Tablespoons of Cinnamon
2 Tablespoons of Nutmeg 
Optional: 2 Tablespoons of Ginger--I have a friend who adds ginger to this mask and swears by it.  I have yet to try this.  
Leave the mask on for 15-30 minutes.  This mask can cause some tingling, but if you can take that for the full 30 minutes do it! It felt kind of good to me.  
After the allotted amount of time rinse off.  I chose to wash mine off in the shower, but the sink is just as good!

The honey, cinnamon, and nutmeg have incredible uses for your skin.  The cinnamon stops the acne causing bacteria on your skin.  The honey helps with redness and discoloration and the nutmeg helps clear out your pores of blackheads.  Both cinnamon and nutmeg exfoliate your face by scrubbing away dead skin cells and other nastiness that may be left on your face.  

Cinnamon bread
and cinnamon face
This mask was a little messy.  I think it is because the honey is runny! But it worked great none the less.  My face felt and looked a million times better.  It also left a cinnamon-y smell that was delicious.  It also tastes kind of good--like a pie!  I love knowing that I am putting all natural and edible products on my face.  My face gets a lot of make up that isn't all natural put on it, but when it comes to cleansing and masks thats what my face, and your face, deserves! 

I am very excited about Mask Mondays! If you have a mask or have heard about a mask that you would like me to try let me know via the comments section! 

Have a happy Monday and carpe diem, Dear!

No comments:

Post a Comment