21.7.14

Mask Mondays: Double Trouble

I got frisky yesterday and decided to pamper myself because quite frankly I needed it.  Rough week.  So I decided to do a hair mask and a face mask.  The hair mask I made myself and the face mask I bought at Sephora.  (Can you tell I am addicted?) My pampering night turned out to be disaster.  I wasn't really a fan of either mask.

Hair Mask:
Tablespoon of Coconut Oil
Tablespoon of Honey
Tablespoon of Olive Oil
One Egg
Leave on for 15-20 minutes (The longer the better)

The first thing I noticed about this mask is that it smelled horrible.  Part of that is I hate the smell of coconut, so I should have known.  But I applied as I was told to--all over my hair and massaging at the roots to create more circulation in my scalp.  I then, as directed put a "shower cap" (I didn't get a real shower cap  so I used a plastic target bag--I read a few of these hair masks and ladies suggested this option on other websites and blogs.) This hair mask is supposed to make your hair silky and smooth.  This mask made my hair oily and clumpy.  I washed my hair twice as the lady who created the mask suggested, and it was horrible.  I ended up washing my hair four times to get all of this out of my hair! Now, I have heard coconut oil is fantastic for your hair.  Eggs are too.  I think it was the honey and olive oil in this mask that made it so difficult to wash out.  Unfortunately my hair was not a fan of the mask.  However, I am a fan of my shampoo, conditioner, and leave in awesomeness (5 in 1 hair perfecter).  If you have a few extra dollars and want to try an amazing hair product try Living Proof Perfect Hair Day.  Available here at Sephora.
As much as I didn't like this mask I still took pictures for you to laugh at.  Enjoy!
   



Face Mask:
Sephora Pomegranate Mask -- $6

This mask was significantly better than the hair mask, even though it wasn't as fulfilling as last weeks mask.  This mask was very easy to use after you got it open.  The mask is precut and put onto natural fibers.  It is very very wet and hard to unfold.  Once I got it unfolded (for the most part) the mask was HUGE on my face.  Now I am rather petite and most things are large on me, but I was really disappointed that this mask didn't fit better.  The mask ended up folding in on itself in a few spots.  Other than it not fitting properly, I guess I did like the mask.  It did even out my skin tone and I looked a little more bright and energized.  My rough week did seem to not be as apparent on my face as it had before the mask. Thank goodness!  I left the mask on for 20 minutes and was able to pin on Pinterest while I waited.  Pinning is always a good thing! 
My pampering Sunday was not exactly what I expected, but it wasn't a complete flop either.  Next time I try a hair mask I will probably try less ingredients and I will remember to bring my scissors and trim down the face mask from Sephora.  

On a more exciting note I reached VIB status at Sephora this week--even with all of the coupons I had! : ) Here are a few of the products I haven't talked about yet here on my blog, I love love love them! 


Enjoy the week and have a wonderful week!
Carpe diem, Dear!
-Liv




3 comments:

  1. One time, I did a pinterest face mask....... WORST DECISION.
    It smelled like vomit and I ended up peeling a whole layer of skin off my face. Leaving me looking like I got intense sunburn on my whole face. Worst experience of my life. Hahahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy, what the heck did you put in that thing? hahaah @amy K

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree! Amy what was in that? I need to know so I don't tear up my face! : ( ah!! you gotta be careful girl! : )
    This one wouldn't burn you unless you are allergic to pom. :)

    ReplyDelete