3.9.14

Bestie Beauty Blog

Here it is, the blog post you have all been waiting for! Kristen, of A Classy Fashionista, and I got together for a day of best friends and beauty.  After eating cheesecake and sitting at the pool while Kristen got gorgeously tan and I got sunburnt on the areas that my not so trusty sunscreen spray missed, we went home to party it up with our makeup.
Kristen is excited to get started!

Obviously you have to start with a sweet set up. Starbucks, all of our palettes, our sprays, perfumes, brushes, and the mirror were lined up perfectly and put on display. {If you are looking for a new Starbucks drink try the Hazelnut Macchiato, Grande in a Venti cup, extra pump of vanilla and extra milk.  It is a Liv special. The Best.}

We started with washing our faces.  I recently received Dr. Dennis Gross's all-in-one cleanser with toner.  It was an interesting cleanser considering you put it onto a dry face and then rinse it off.  My face felt a little dry after, but we were doing a face mask so I did not apply any moisturizer.  Even though I felt a little dry after this cleanser, I felt like my face was clean and fresh after using it.  I liked that it also has a toner in it! One less step in the skin care department which is always a plus.







The next thing on our Beauty Day was a face mask.  We both love face masks because our skin is our priority! Kristen has been telling me for months about her Philosophy face mask that only takes 60
seconds! It worked really well and I liked it a lot.  It made my face feel like a baby's bottom.  It was super easy to use and looked cool too, as you can see on the lovely picture to the left!


Please excuse my horrible hair...

After our face masks we kind of went crazy.  We both decided to do fall looks.  Since fall is quickly approaching! I started with an evening look.  Here are the steps to create this look:
Face
1. Primer: Benefit POREfessional Primer
2. Foundation: Kat Von D Lock-It Liquid Foundation
3. Foundation: Make Up For Ever Matte Duo Powder
4. Blush: Tarte Blush in Glisten
5. Highlight: Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed in Opal

Eyes 
1. Primer: Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer in Original
2. Shadow: Urban Decay Eyeshadow in Sin--All over lid
3. Shadow: Make Up For Ever Artist Shadow in M928 Outside corners
4. Liner: Maybelline Studio Gel Liner
5. Lashes: Ulta Super Stretch
6. Lashes: Two Face Better Than Sex Mascara

Lips
1. Sephora Nano Lip Liner in Pleasant Plum
2. Sephora Luster matte Long-Wear Lip Color in Deep Plum

And there you have it! That is a great evening look for the fall especially for my green-eyed friends.  Purples will really bring out the greens in your eyes because they are contrasting colors.  I can't wait for the depth of fall to use this look with a pretty floral scarf.  If you want to achieve this look for more of an every day wear I would suggest a nude lip with just a layer of gloss on the cupid's bow of your lip. To the left is an example of no lipstick.  It gives you a clean slate!  
The next look I did was a more day time look to the left is the day time look for fall.  The face is all the same to keep it easy, but here are the eyes and lips:
Eyes
1. Primer: Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer in Original
2. Shadow: Urban Decay Eyeshadow in Sin--All over lid
3. Shadow: Urban Decay Eyeshadow in Buck--Outer Corner
4. Liner: Maybelline Studio Gel Liner
5. Lashes: Two Face Better Than Sex Mascara

Lips
1. Make Up For Ever Lip Line Perfector
2. Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick in Streak

This is a fun look that is super simple to do.  It only has a few steps and looks great with every outfit.  This lipstick is one of my all time favorites and it is bright and fun.  It is a great color for early fall.  I have to give a shout out to Urban Decay for having great lipsticks.  Another color that would go well with this look is Liar.  If you are in the market for new lipsticks these are some fabulous choices!

So, Kristen will have her looks posted super soon over on the always amazing blog A Classy Fashionista.  We had an absolute blast making these looks for the upcoming fall.  We are simply too excited for the autumn fashion as well as the football that comes with Fall! She is an Alabama fan, for reasons that are unknown to me.  But I am a NEBRASKA CORNHUSKERS fan! GO BIG RED.  Anyways, someday we will do a football fashion I am sure.  We love inspiring you guys.  If you ever have any looks you want us to try please let us know in our comment sections!

Here are some more fun pictures of our day together!











**********

Also, unrelated to any of this Bestie Beauty Blog my school is hosting a competition about dorm rooms, and since I am a firm believer of my outstanding dorm, if you wouldn't mind heading over to
Instagram and liking my picture that is hashtagged #myVFCCdorm.  My Instagram name is @LivDamaris.

This is the picture! :)




So,  in closing, don't forget that makeup should just be a hobby.  It should be fun and exciting.  You should experiment with makeup.  You should enjoy makeup.  Sometimes the world puts pressure on us girls to wear makeup because aren't perfect, but you are exactly how God made you to be. Your imperfections make you unique--be proud of who you are.  Be beautiful on the inside and have fun on the outside with makeup!

You're beautiful, so Carpe Diem, Dear.












No comments:

Post a Comment