17.9.14

Hope and Future

 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
Jeremiah 29:11
I have known from a very young age that I want to be a teacher.  In sixth grade my English teacher was amazing.  She poured into my life and influenced me in ways that I could never thank her enough for.  In sixth grade I was called into full time work-place ministry.  I have found God faithful in reaffirming my calling each second of each hour of each day.  It is incredible how faithful God truly is.  

The Lord says that he has plans for me.  I keep trying to plan things out for myself.  I keep thinking that I know best.  Do you ever find yourself doing that? Not a day goes by that I am not in awe of how God has ordained each and every one of my steps to eventually bring glory to his name.  Each mistake, heartbreak, and failure; along with each success, triumph, and victory has been put in my place to glorify the kingdom of God.  

Hope is defined by dictionary.com as "the feeling that what is wanted can be had or that events will turn out for the best".  In Christ we have hope.  God promises in Joshua 1:5 and Hebrews 13:5 that He will never leave or forsake us.  How can we be downcast when the creator of all of the universe has promised to give us hope.  He has promised that events will turn out for the best for those that love and follow Him.  

In high school I began getting feelings of wanting to travel and to teach over seas.  I thought that my only options were to somehow become a teacher on a military base.  God has given me a heart for Europe and especially, as odd as this sounds, a heart for countries that have harsh languages.  I actually highly dislike the "love languages" and find languages such as German, Russian, and Norwegian much more beautiful.  I took German all throughout middle school and some in high school and absolutely adored German.   My goal was to become a teacher on a military base in Germany.  However, I never fully pursed that goal.  It never was an unexplainable passion.  But, I knew I was supposed to teach over seas, so I kept praying.  Lord, what is your will? Be careful when you pray that.  Shortly after, and through a series of God-ordained events, I ended up in Russia.  Immediately and without hesitation I knew.  I knew that is where my soul longed to be and soon I will start taking the steps necessary to teach over in an international school in St. Petersburg or elsewhere in Russia.  I had no idea that international schools existed until God crazily sent me on a missions trip over there.  I had no idea I loved Russia until God crazily put a passion on my heart, provided finances for me and my team in miraculous ways, and safely landed us in my heart's home.  I never knew or fully understood my future, and I can't say that I do now.  However, I do know that I have let God take the reigns of my life thus far and he has taken me all around the world, given me extreme joy, and unexplainable peace.  Why, when he has done such a wonderful job with my life would I, knowing it would be a disaster, try to take control.  

Jeremiah 29:11 declares that the Lord has promised you hope.  God has revealed that he has a future planned out specifically for you.  He may not have given you all of the details.  He may be saving it for a time, but trust that the Lord is faithful.  Trust that he knows you, your wants, your dreams, and your desires.  He placed those in your heart for a reason.  Chase God.  Chase your dreams. Watch God do miracles.  

Carpe Diem, Dear.

4 comments:

  1. This is incredible! I'm so glad to have found your blog because I'm an aspiring teacher too-- but here in Los Angeles:) Thanks for sharing your path to teaching and how God has inspired you; I'm sure you'll make a fantastic instructor. Keep in touch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad that this spoke to and inspired you. LA must be a fun and exciting place to teach. <3

      Delete
  2. This was wonderful and exactly what I needed today. I definitely will be sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe, Jessica, I am so glad this is something you needed to hear. It has been on my heart for a while and I really feel I picked the perfect time to write it. You are yet another confirmation! :D Thanks for your read and your share! I truly appreciate it.
      -Liv

      Delete